Here are my overarching plans for tMR:
- I enjoy writing, and I enjoy helping other people to my opinion. 😉 tMR will function as an outlet for me to express some of my ideas, opinions, and heartfelt emotions on current events, personal matters, and metaphysical topics. I am a Christian, and since I am adjured by Christ’s command to love God with all my heart, strength, and mind, tMR will endeavor to reflect a genuinely Christian, Biblically-centered worldview.
- As a Christian, I want tMR to demonstrate a couple of things to surfers who may bump into my site:
(1) Being a man or woman of faith does not mean that you check your brain out at the church door. Although Christian theism hinges upon truths which deal with the immaterial and/or the supernatural, it is not irrational. Faith is not the antithesis of reason — the two go hand in hand, guiding and informing one another. God made us whole persons; we can’t reflect all that He made us to be if we live as though faith and reason are mutually exclusive.
(2) Being a man or woman of faith doesn’t mean that you can’t have any fun! I plan to have fun with tMR. Lots of it. I can be Mr. Serious, but I have a definite goofy side. Just ask my wife. 🙂
- Above all else, I hope to persuade those who visit my site to consider and accept the claims of Jesus of Nazareth — Son of God, Savior of all mankind. I know that Jesus is a controversial figure. I’ve alienated good friends by talking about Him. I’ve angered people by taking Him at His word that He is the only Way, Truth, and Life, and that none can come to the Father but through Him. But He has changed not only my own life, but those of countless billions across the past 20 centuries. I’d be crazy not to share something so wonderful, so fundamental to my own existence and well-being, with those I care about or encounter on a day-to-day basis.
That’s it for now — next post, you’ll find out about where the MonT-SteR comes from and what he’s like, and then I’ll talk a little bit about what Christopher Reeve and PETA have in common.
aka The MonT-SteR