First, I want to note an odd phenomenon that occurred today. tMR usually gets a trickle of traffic each day — the occasional return visit from a regular reader, referrals from my Blogger profile or various and sundry search engines, and so on. Well, at the tail end of my lunch hour (which was around 2:40 p.m.), I made some corrections to my last two blog posts and republished them. Later in the day, I checked my site statistics and found that I had a spike of over 25 hits right around 3 p.m. I’m assuming that this was because I republished my blog and people were clicking the Next Blog button on Blogger sites. But isn’t that an odd time for the masses to be roving through the blogosphere? Or is there just a steady stream of people clicking through Blogger sites throughout the day and I replubished at just the right time? In all the life of tMR, nothing quite like this has happened. Thoughts to ponder (though not too hard)…
In other news, I’m reposting several installments of From the MonT-SteR’s Mouth (FTMM) that were inexplicably deleted from my Audlink account. You can access them here, but for your convenience I am listing them below with short descriptions.
Some of these I’m more proud of than others — their purpose is to 1) provide me with a forum for shooting my mouth off, and 2) give me practice at speaking extemporaneously while sounding reasonably intelligent and avoiding the overuse of “um” and “uh.” I actually think of them as practice for hosting a talk radio show (I hear that chortling and snickering out there!). Based on these little gems, you may or may not think of me as talk radio material, but we all have to start somewhere.
At any rate, here you go:
- FTMM #1. A test of Audlink, plus a fun announcement the day Mrs. MonT-SteR and I found out we’d be having a boy.
- FTMM #2. Here I skewer those ridiculous Bush=Hitler ads that MoveOn.org had the unmitigated gall to dignify by posting them (temporarily) on their Web site. I also find myself coming to the defense of Margaret Cho. I think a few pigs flew that day…
- FTTM #3. My nightmare about President Bush losing his cool over the 2004 election.
- FTTM #4 Part 1, Part 2, & Part 3. To date, this is the magnum opus of my anti-PeTA rants. Unfortunately, in Part 3, I forget to state that the group of doctors that illegally obtained Dr. Atkins’s post-mortem medical report has close financial, ideological, and relational ties to PeTA. Corroborating articles are here and here, and here’s a fellow blogger who agrees with me about PeTA’s despicable strain of extremism.
- FTTM #5 Part 1 & Part 2. An expose of the snobbery and hypocrisy that marked the auspicious launch of AirAmerica (see my original post for more information).
aka The MonT-SteR